Sunday, August 26, 2007

Got Up Early...........



well it was kinda early for us anyways. Had breakfast at the Base Dining Hall again (this time it cost $6.25 for the two of us!) and then we loaded up and made our way to the Crazy Horse Memorial. This is the first sighting we had of CR. We toured the grounds and museums and I think Becky was going to try and take a picture of everything in it. I was kinda bored and impatient......even after checking out the neat Chopper in the entryway. Tons of Indian artifacts, old photos, demonstrations of Indian craftmanship and lots of stuff to separate you from your hard earned cash. The model of the finished project is scaled to 1" = 1 ft on the mountain. Lottsa work left that Korczak's family has to do. Maybe my great grandchilder will see it at its completion. When we left CR I suggested that maybe we could get some better pictures of Mt. Rushmore since the sun was at a different angle. We were still too late to get the best sunlight. Oh well, maybe we'll return someday.

Getting ready to leave in the morning so "B" is at the laundry and after I finish this post I'll get busy cleaning up the inside of the M/H. Later. W&B

No comments: