Sunday, November 4, 2007

Made It To Yuma......................

this morning about 1100 and both of us have been scurrying about trying to get things organized and set up. Got my MTV going without any problems but swore at the internet dish for a loooonnng time before I realized that I had interchanged two cable hookups! Up and running shortly after that. Gotta work on the Rhino tomorrow, I bit the bullet in El Centro and purchased another new battery and this time I also bought a trickle charger so that should take care of my battery problems. The sand dunes looked very inviting at Buttercup as we passed through but that'll have to wait until later........after all, we do have 5 months to play in the sand. We're only about 4 blocks from the desert so figure we can sneak over there without putting the Rhino on the trailer..........at least that's what I thought. We are staying near where we were last year but now the main road is lined with straw bales and signs saying "Keep Out". Apparently someone has plans for building in the desert. Every year Yuma gets bigger from housing developments. Can't figure out who the heck is buying; but, apparently things are still selling down here.

Neither of us feel much like cooking so guess we take a little drive over to our Chinese joint for supper. For some reason their buffet is always about $2.00 cheaper on Sundays ??? I don't know why but will take advantage of it and the food is not too shabby.

Guess I'll post this and then get ready for dinner. Later. W&B

No comments: