Thursday, January 13, 2011

Got Home This Afternoon............

after getting my nose "roto rooted" yesterday. They kept me overnight and the doc was in early this morning and kicked me out of the hospital. Then I had to hang around at the doctor's office to get my nose "unpacked". Still can't figure out why in the hell he didn't take care of it while I was in the hospital.........mystery solved when I got to his office, he was at the hospital for more surgery today so guess he was heading that way when he stopped in to spring me from the hospital.

All I can say is.........."that was the most miserable night I've ever spent".........couldn't use my CPAP and everytime I started to fall asleep I'd wake myself up with a snort. It's really a bitch when you can't breathe through your nose and then your throat collapses because you can't use your CPAP.........so for about 22 hours it was doze, snort, wake up and try to go to sleep again. I ended up watching a whole lot of TV. I don't recommend septoplasty for anyone using a CPAP. I still won't be able to use the CPAP for another week so am trying to figure out how to sleep in the Captain's Chair and avoid some of the hassle I went through yesterday and last night. Not looking forward to it and right now I've still got a bit of bleeding in one nostril, not much; but, enough so that I need to pack it. They told me if it starts to bleed "profusely" get my butt back into hospital emergency. Don't think it will as it's just enough to be annoying. So it goes.

Becky off for a doctor appointment this afternoon so maybe I'll try to snooze in the capt's chair to see how it'll work. Later. W&B

No comments: