Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday Evening And.....................


it's COLD out there!! Day started off pretty darn good but the wind begin to pick up and campers were freezing their tushes off. Pity the poor people camping in tents. We whipped up a bunch of hamburgers and stuff for the troops when they arrived Friday evening and then enjoyed a nice campfire. Earlier Friday Becky and I went back to the Bodega Bay area to try out some clam chowder and look for a cheap sweatshirt. Found a little hole in the wall restaurant that advertised that it had been voted as having the best clam chowder the last three years. Becky had a crab sandwich, clam chowder and then followed that up with some crab cakes. I stuck with the clam chowder.......unfortunately they would never receive my vote for the "best clam chowder in Bodega Bay". We couldn't find a "cheap" sweatshirt; but, did try some more clam chowder at another restaurant. The second place had better chowder in my opinion; but, "B" said she would give her vote to the first restaurant. Neither was as good as the Oregon coast chowder!




We stopped here and there on hi way 101 and took pictures. A rock with a hole in it called Rock Arch, or something like that was kinda neat, especially when a large wave hit it. I liked the way the constant wind bends the coast side trees inland. The gang hiked down to the beach later today before the wind kicked up and they enjoyed the water..........it was a nice hike over the sand dunes to the beach so I didn't make the trip...........had a nice little nap instead so here it is after midnight and I'm still awake.

Like I said, the wind and cold set in and Rhonda was feeding hot chocolate to the kids in "tent city" who were camped next to us. She had some left over spaghetti and warmed it up and offered the remains to the kids next door. Guess they scoffed it up like it was T-bone steak! Had I been in a tent I would have packed up and left a long time ago. Guess I've become a tenderfoot in my advancing age!

Tomorrow Becky and I are packing up and heading back to Corning. Gotta pack up our suitcases and be back in Woodland on Monday evening. We'll probably stay over with Rhonda and Steve and then get one of them to take us to the airport Tuesday morning for our flight to Honolulu. No more "cold" beaches for awhile!

Next post should be from Hawaii. Aloha! B&W

No comments: