Sunday, January 18, 2009

Guess I'd Better Get Something Posted.............


least I lose my millions of readers. Last couple of days I've been doing some paperwork........which is kinda hard to do if you don't have all information needed available. Oh well, did the best I could. Sticking close to home except for an occasional run to the grocery store. Yesterday we went on base and I found the converter box which will be needed in February. Had my coupon so went ahead and purchased one. Will need it if I'm too lazy to set up satellite dish and need to get TV from the antenna. It'll probably just sit and collect dust; but, at least I got it if I ever need it. Got some groceries and on the way home we stopped at the Fairgrounds. Every year the local 4-H clubs sponsor a barbque beef dinner and yesterday was the day. We stopped and picked up three dinners, $6.00 each, that included the beef, cole slaw, baked beans and a roll. Wasn't crazy about the salsa they included but since we brought them home I was able to spice up my beef with sauce. It was a decent dinner and we helped the kids out. Last night a geocache was placed at Ligurta Station, our old breakfast place. We finally headed that way around 0900, found the cache and we were the second ones to arrive. Went in for breakfast and sat with Sparky and Livewire, who were the first ones to find the cache. It was their first ever FTF so they enjoyed that. Livewire said she took a look at the restaurant (1st picture) and was hesitant to go in. She said a lot of people were going in so they decided to give it a try. I had my usual breakfast; but, right now I'm leaning toward the golf course as my favorite breakfast spot. Food is good there and even cheaper, not to mention it's closer. Another friend, Wingnut, placed some new caches last weekend and we still hadn't gone out to find them so we made a little detour on the way home. These caches were within 3 1/2 miles but we had to do a little ridge running to get to them. Well, I'll take that back, you didn't HAVE to run the ridges; but, I took a wrong route and ended up way back in the hills before I could make my way back. Not too many places to turn around up there once you get on the trail. Think we found 6 caches today so that was enough and we came on home. At least we got some nice views of the Foothills.
Later if anything interesting happens this week. W&B

No comments: