Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recovering from North West Crud...........


and we ventured to Portland yesterday about noon to pick up the Twerp from his skateboarding class. Managed to get lost..........it's been a loooong time since I prowled that area of Portland.......about 36 years to be exact.... when I was stationed at the Navy Recuiting Office in downtown Portland. Anyway we found the place and this morning we got up nice and early to take him to his class at 0900. Cassiday hung around with the old folk today...........said her mother wasn't going to take her to work again today........never figured that one out. Maybe the Twerp will fold under more interrogation. We had time to burn before my doctor appointment so we toured NW Portland and found the old statue of Paul Bunyon. He used to be in a different location and the plaque indicated that he was refurbished and relocated in the mid 80s. Still a nice greeting to visitors to Portland.
We picked up Trace about 1300, made a stop at Wally World and then to Doug's house for the rest of the afternoon. I went in to the local clinic to get xrays taken of my knees as my doc figures the next step is a knee replacement. She zapped me with some cortisone injections and said she'd let me know results of xrays. Guess I'll have to get it done as I plan on taking up skateboarding as soon as possible. I'm even into the lingo.............like ollies, truck, fakies, goofyfoot, etc. etc. etc. A little more hanging around the skate pits and I'll be talking like a pro!
Later, no plans for the Fourth. W&B

No comments: