Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday..................


and I think we nearly got to triple digit temperatures today........at least it felt like it.


Spent most of yesterday close to the park and drove into Vancouver for dinner with Vancouver Clan. In preparation for a Democratic Victory in November..............we had "fried chicken" for dinner. Understand that chicken may become the new "National Bird" after elections over.


Today Becky and I took in the Farmer's Market in downtown Vancouver, shopped for a bit, bought some strawberries for Trace, a couple of corndogs for ourselves and left as the heat wave was wilting us. We did find a one-seater electric car that looked kinda neat. Went to Doug and Tami's and basked in air conditioning and then I went with Cassidy and Doug to Battleground to hunt up some new trucks for her new skateboard. Getting a new skateboard has been a slow process as her stingy dad only buys her one component at a time. Apparently she had some "Pro" skateboarder autograph her skateboard so now she doesn't want to use that board and needs another one. I told the shop owner I would buy the bearings and wheels if I received a Senior Citizen Discount...................it cost me $50.00!!! Won't open my mouth again.


Had dinner at the local dive where the gravy is still pretty good and portions are large. Then "B" and I headed for the park. Got the A/C going full blast so it's cooling down...........Becky will probably start whining about it being too cold...........tuff.


Here's a couple of pictures of today events. W&B


No comments: