Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday at Paradise Point...........


The kids gave me an Omaha Steak gift certificate for Father's Day. Ordered the steaks last week and they arrived on Thursday..........so today we cooked a bunch of them up. Everyone had a steak except Trace...........dumb kid.........he had some chicken tenders instead. Mark and Erin showed up also so we had a nice little get together. The kids brought their metal detector with them so they busied themselves with hunting for treasures while I was burning steaks. They didn't find too much..........a few pieces of metal and a few pennies; but, they were all happy with their finds. Ollie was along too and managed to "mark" his territory.

The Omaha steaks were pretty good although they weren't too thick so they cooked up rather rapidly and I managed to over cook mine. Fortunately, we have a few left so I'll be able to practice some more. When I ordered them and went to the check out a window would pop up and say "based on your order, you are eligible for...................", so I ordered some more and then another window would pop and state...."you are now eligible for........". I finally quit and then they added some "free hamburgers and frankfurters". They need to cut their steaks a little bit thicker..............I guess you could order them that way (?). Anyway, I think everyone enjoyed them.

Didcha hear about the shooting in a Washington State Park on Saturday? Well, our friends are camp hosts at the Sammamish State Park so we got a little more info about the shooting then appeared in the news flashes. I think I might be ready to "move on"; but, they said it provided a little excitement yesterday and some stuff still going on today. They like the area and think that they'll go back next year also.

Well, everyone gone so will post this and kick back for the rest of the evening. Think we'll be pulling up roots on Tuesday and drive into Dug's to spend the night and then we'll head South on Wednesday sometime. Gotta get oil changed in the M/H and maybe I'll try to wash it up a bit then.............or maybe not.

Later. W&B

No comments: