Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Comes To An End..........

and we haven't been doing too much the last couple of days except kick back and chow down. We did have some rain off and on; but, overall weather pretty nice.

Did our grocery shopping for our Coos Bay run and all we have left to do is load up the trailer and we'll leave early Monday morning.

Went over to Portland today to visit Otto's...........they make their own sausage, hot dogs, summer sausage and all kinds of goodies and the hot dogs are pretty good. Otto's was featured on one of the Diners Drive-In and Dives episodes when Guy F. was in Portland. Interesting little market and they have a bar b que going outside the store where a guy is grilling hot dogs and frankfurters........we scoffed up on two hot dogs and then went into the store to buy some for the 4th and Coos Bay. I had another one before we left. Pretty good; but, I guess I was just hungry as we did some more up for supper at Dug's house this evening. They were better at Otto's........maybe because they were done on charcoal and I did ours on a Weber gas grill.

Gotta leave Paradise Point tomorrow so we'll camp out in front of Dug's house tomorrow and Sunday. Going to one of their friends house on Sunday for the 4th celebration. We stocked up on fireworks so will take them along. I finally took the Twerps to a fireworks stand and they were pretty easy on me............I even bought some mortars for myself that were supposed to be the "Biggest and Loudest"...........well I found out later that I didn't really buy them. That possibly needs some explanation. I walked in and asked if they were going to give me a "Senior Discount". Some little girl at the door hunted down the boss and the boss lady said "Yes, we can do that". So we loaded up on goodies and then I proceeded to the checkout and I began working on the cashier about my "Senior Discount"...........told her the boss lady said "OK", then they had to hunt the boss lady down and she showed up and said she told me I'd get a discount. In the meantime I'm BSing with the cashier and she rings up the stuff and puts it in a box..........I tell her I got a bum knee and can't carry all that stuff. She looks for someone to help me take the box of goodies to the car. I tell I'll get Dug to haul them out. The Boss Lady shows up and deposits some fountains and other stuff in my box and that becomes my "Senior Discount". I thank them profusely, pay my bill and then I get out of there. It wasn't until hours and miles later that I discovered that they hadn't charged me for my "Big Bad Mortar Shells". I finally came to the conclusion that they were also a part of my Senior Discount. I was very grateful that they were so nice to "Old Folks". As my friend, Larry, would say..........."A little misdirection never hurts". Thanks Larry for the advice.

That's about it for our last two days. Happy Fourth of July to all!

W&B

No comments: