Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday.........

and the dude showed up to hook up my CB and install antenna. Well, it's working; but, not too well. I've got am/fm speakers installed in the dash and when the CB antenna was installed he had to route the coax right past the speaker. End result, I get feedback from the speaker whenever I key the CB. The guy must have spent another hour trying to find a "fix" but he finally gave up. He disconnected the speaker and I still have feedback. He said the only fix was to completely remove the speaker. I told him I'd live with the feedback through the speaker so he gave me a discount on the install price and was very apologetic that he couldn't come up with a solution. After he left I played with the radio and CB and found that if I had the radio turned on with a very low volume I could key the CB and the feedback was eliminated! At least that seems to work while I'm just sitting here. Will have to give it the "acid" test when I hook up the CB in the Suzy.

Becky did the domestics (laundry) today while I watched the CB install and then we spent the rest of the day at home. Wind really picked up today so didn't feel like doing anything else anyway. Temps rising the rest of the week and we might be in the low 80s by weekend time.

I'm getting my days and nights mixed up again..........sleeping in too late and then not going to bed until the week hours of the morning. Think I watched the tube until past 0200 this morning and it looks like it'll be another night like that. Hope to get back on schedule when I'm moving around better.

All for now. W&B

No comments: