Thursday, March 11, 2010

Saw the Ortho Doc Today.............

and he asked me what the problem was.......(dumb question (?) as he had the results of my MRI in his hand). Told him that I was told that I had torn the tendon in right knee. No, he ses and shows me the results of the MRI. Seems that I further damaged whatever cartilage was left in my knee. Gave me a bunch of medical terms and had xrays taken of my knee while standing. He then showed me the xrays and pointed out where the new damage was done and also where there was no cartilage left. Send only fix was a total knee replacement. He then went into his spiel about what to expect for knee replacement. Told him I was heading back North in a couple of weeks so he said we could do it when I get back or see another surgeon at home.

So, guess we'll be heading back around the 24th and I'll start the whole process all over again with another surgeon. Will be a little easier at home...........have to climb six steps in M/H and we'd be here when things start to "heat up" so will head home instead.

In the meantime, I'm getting around much better and at least I can drive home without any problems. So that's where we stand right now.

Will start getting things ready to leave a little at a time so should have no problems leaving when the 24th rolls around.............maybe even sooner. Time will tell.

Weather great and we're expected to reach low 80s this weekend. All for now. W&B

No comments: