Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday..........

Wednesday we went to Old Folks Day (kinda in a rut, huh) and I gave them back my "free" 5 dollars and added ten of my own. Fortunately, Becky won more than my losses so we left there in a hurry and spent our monies on groceries. Scouted around for some places to plant a geocache and we placed two of them. They didn't get published until today and there was a mad dash for the FTF. The Good Guys beat JJ to both of them so happiness fills the desert.........at least for tonight. Another cache was placed about a mile from JJ's work and he grabbed that one so he's happy also. Looking for some more to be published tomorrow and the race will be on again. The "Foothills Gang" stands a good chance on finding them first if they are placed on this end of town. There are about 8 of us out here who will go looking as soon as they are published in an effort to beat JJ.

Tommorow is "clam chowder day" at the Greek Restaurant (I told you we were in a rut). We had a late lunch today at a restaurant that's only been open for three weeks. Some pretty good home cooking..........I had a pulled pork sandwich and Becky had a pulled pork salad. We'll have to go back and try their breakfast..........complete with "sawmill" gravy. I asked the waiter what the hell sawmill gravy was and he said "country sausage gravy". At least I got another place to try.

It's about 2320 right now and people are still out finding and logging my caches. This seems to happen when poor souls like us have no job, no life and nothing to do!

More later if anything ever happens down here. W&B

No comments: