Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday.....And The Heat Wave.....................

is over-----at least for the moment. Didn't do much of anything the last few days except try to stay cool. Yesterday and today have been outstanding weatherwise. Tomorrow we have a couple of stops to make in Chico and then we should be on our way toward Wheatland, CA........the home of the gigantic, mega, geocaching event of Geo Woodstock VI!! Have a reservation at the Family Camp at Beale AFB for 4 days and it appears to be about 15 miles from the event so should have no problem getting around. I read in the newsletter today that the event expects to feed about 2,700 people so I image there will probably be over 3,000 in attendance. People have been working on this event for over 10 months. Hope to take a bizillion pictures with my new camera. I shipped my old camera off to be repaired and lo and behold, they sent me a refurbished camera instead of repairing mine, I had the first generation of this particular Canon camera and now I have the fifth generation at no charge! Nice to see a company that really stands behind their product. (This is a plug for Canon cameras).

Rhonda drove up from Woodland this afternoon and now she and Becky are off exploring somewhere. ???? Good, as I still have to download a bunch of geocaches to place on my Palm and that'll take a little time. I've been trying to refigure out how to use the Palm since I haven't used it for 7 or 8 months and after several emails to figure out how to make a software program work I think I finally got it. The software is good but the technoweenie who wrote the programs didn't spend enough time giving instructions to technically challenged users (me). I think I got it working now though.

More later..........hopefully I'll be able to give you a photo tour of a mega geocaching event when we get back.

Later, W&B

No comments: