Thursday, May 29, 2008

Becky --- Day Three.......


and you can see by the photos that she is up and about. She got unhooked from all her equipment and just has an IV remaining where they can push anti-biotics. I didn't get there until about 1100 this morning and she's been prowling the hallways and doing breathing exercises. I hung around until about 1600, couldn't keep my eyes open any longer so when she settled back for some rest before dinner I snuck outta there. Never did see her surgeon today and the pulmonary doc was in but still no results of biopsy tests. Seems like everyone thinks that she is going home tomorrow.............but no confirmation from the surgeon. I guess when he hears the news he'll probably let her go. Everyone remarks on how "great" she is doing. This is due to the technique the surgeon used...........instead of large, invasive sugery, he opted to make some small incisions between her ribs and remove the tumor and surrounding tissue. There was no need to separate her ribs so we're grateful for that. This has definitely hastened her recovery time. She also said she got a good nights sleep last night..........probably slept better than I did.


I took her telephone to her so she's in hog heaven. Her sister from Missouri called shortly after I arrived so here's a picture of her in a familar pose. Also flowers from the Hoosiers in Indiana arrived today. Other two pictures are of the scenery from her hospital bed...............really not too much to write home about.


That's all for now folks....................later. Wayne

No comments: