Monday, November 22, 2010

Just Enjoying the Warm Weather...........


......while it lasts (which should be the remainder of the winter!!)

Sunday Larry, JJ, Wayne and I took another 94 mile Rhino/RZR trip into the desert to hunt down and plant some geocaches. Left about 0800 and didn't get back until after 1500..........this is starting to resemble W.O.R.K.!! Took a few pictures of the desert a couple of miles from Mexico and here they are. Surprise, surprise..........there's still a lot of "green" in the desert and we haven't had any rain since we arrived a month ago. Won't complain about that.

Still haven't settled into much of a routine, except get up, play, eat and sleep. Still got a couple of doctor appointments to get taken care of.........will it ever end?? In my "younger" day I used to manage to stick my nose in areas where it didn't belong......consequently I've had my nose splattered across my face a few times and I ended up with a deviated septum. Finally went in to see a EN&T doctor and he's going to "rotor root" out my nose and correct the problem. Should be able to breathe a little bit better after than. Got until Dec 2 to change my mind; but, I may as well get it done now before hussein really messes things up with his obamacare crap.

We're invited to JJ & Char's for Turkey Day and I'm assured that Char will have plenty of gravy for me so will be there with knife and fork in hand and huge appetite. Becky in Hawaii last year and missed the feast; but, we'll both be there with JJ's family and a few geocaching friends this year. Wouldn't miss out on this as last year's feast was outstanding!

Washed up the Rhino today..........it had about 3 inches of dust on it from yesterday's desert run. Also was way down on oil from the 90+ mile trip. Maybe it's time to start shopping around for some new wheels? The RZR doesn't really fit me; but, watching JJ & Larry barrel through the rough trails with super suspension certainly looks inviting. Also when he passes me and I'm doing 52 mph makes a new ride look all that more inviting. Maybe Santa will be kind this year.

That's about it from down South.........all you people in Northern areas..........just try to stay warm for the next few months. W&B

No comments: