Monday, November 15, 2010

Got "OLDER" today................


so after "Breakfast In Bed" I spent the rest of the day loafing. Almost had to turn on the A/C today; but, found it was nice and cool in the shade so spent the afternoon in the lounge chair snoozing. I thought I would be awakened to the smell of a ribeye smoldering on the grill...................this just turned out to be wishful thinking.
Got phone calls, emails, etc. from well wishers so it was a nice BD. Check B's Blog as we went out to dinner with friends Saturday night. Theresa's BD is on the 16th so we celebrated both days.
I was going down to the Golden Corral this evening for a "free" dinner..........they were giving meals to veterans today instead of on Vet's Day. The freebies didn't start until 1700 so I thought it over and decided to pass............there's always a line for the first hour after 1700 since this is "discount" time for all the Old Folks..........with a freebie I figured we'd probably have to arrive at 1600 and stand in line so we ended up passing on the freebie.
Maybe Becky will take me out tomorrow for a belated ribeye or prime rib dinner???
Gonna be warm rest of the week and maybe cool down a bit for the weekend. Still t-shirt weather though. Pity the poor folks up North.
Later. W&B

No comments: