Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Still HOT In Yuma..................



so we headed for the Range to find a couple of new caches and to look for the one we couldn't find a couple of days ago.

The first one took us a short hike into the desert and the cache was a little box within the cache. It was a little box that you had to push and pull on until it opened. Becky surprised me and had it open in a flash. Found the second cache after a bit of a search and then headed for our DNF. Met 4 other cachers there and we had a nice visit........then the Border Patrol dude showed up to check us out. Guess there's getting to be more and more Senior Smugglers nowadays so he checked us out under the pretense of checking to see if we needed any help. He drove off and then Becky and I hunted the cache down while the Old Folks went their separate ways.

Got the Suzy washed today.........this time it was "free" as I had filled up my wash card..........pay for 10 and get the next one free. It only took me two years to fill up the card. We came home and I fumed and cussed the Hughes Internet system as it kept kicking us off line. Still gotta wait until about May and then I can tell them to kiss off unless the system improves........I have no doubt that it won't.

Just as the sun was setting a couple of new caches came out.........one about 2 1/2 miles away so we jumped in the car to join the FTF Whores. Billybe was looking when we arrived, we joined in the search and Skibum shows up next. We must have spent the better part of the hour there and I finally gave it up so we left. Was looking at the log and see that Billybe and Skibum returned later to make the FTF. I'm not much into that searching with a flashlight stuff so we didn't go back. Will get it in the daylight.

Didn't get a call about the Rhino today so guess the shop still hasn't received needed parts...........or else they did and found something else wrong. Will check on it tomorrow.

All for now. Later. W&B

No comments: