Thursday, September 3, 2009

Made It To Dillion Beach...........


Did a little geocaching today and I think we picked up 8 or 9 around Tomales. There's a Coast Guard Station here, a training unit for the Coasties so we stopped to see what we could see. They have a small exchange and convenience store and an eight space rv park to mention a few goodies.



At the entrance to Lawson's Landing we picked up a cache and had a nice view of the bay. Outside of Dillion Beach st stopped again and started to search for one around this old rock that looks like a skull. We figured out that the cache was at the bottom of a gully, down a slippery looking trail so we just passed on that one. Visited a couple of cemetaries........they're always interesting to browse. Found this one headstone where the man died in 1801.........a really old cemetary.



Caught Becky in a "domestic" moment...........she was actually sewing something. This is were we are camping, so far 4 rigs are here and someone just rapped on the door (it's 2026) and asked if this was the right spot. I said YUP and he pulling in in front of me. If I was a nice guy I could probably give him a hand..........nah, I ain't that nice, besides I'm in for the night.








early this morning. Steve and another camper were taking their rigs down and staking out a spot for the remainder of the group who will arrive tomorrow. So, we stayed at the fairgounds last night and got up about 0400 this morning. Boy was that ever dumb! Finally left Woodland a little after 5 and B and I have been almost sleep walking all day today.

Spent about an hour trying to get my MTV set up..........finally figured out that somehow the dish had gotten out of alignment; but, it took a hour to figure out why I could only hone in on one satellite. The damn Hughest internet dish gave me problems even greater than the TV. I finally just walked away from it and when we got home about 1800 it only took about 5 minutes to get tuned in. I think a stronger signal in the evening helps............this has happened before.........work for a long time on it during the day and later that evening I have no problems.

Should be an interesting weekend..........I think 7 rigs and about 30+ people are showing up. Rhonda "volunteered" herself and Becky to put on a spaghetti feed for the troops on Saturday evening. Sure hope they have "fun" with their project!

That's about it for now..........I think it's going to get C O L D tonight so will probably let the little generator run all night so the furnace doesn't kill the batteries. Later. W&B

No comments: