Friday, August 14, 2009

Thursday Events..............


On Thursday the kids took their turn at being judges.........they judged the animals as they were being "officially" rated by the Judge. We won't have the results of how they did until the awards ceremony on Sunday. Trace looked like a judge.........we'll have to see how he did.

Last pic is Lori with one of the cows..........which one I don't know 'cause they all look alike to me!
Becky and I went to the grandstand to watch the motorcycle and ATV races and to see the high flying motorcycle "professionals" do their thing on the ramps.

Actually, they were pretty good, a few years ago it was rarity to see a motorcyclists do a "back flip" off the ramp and then land on his wheels. I managed to capture a few shots of the crazies doing their thing.


Of course we ate, and ate and then ate some more. We only found a couple of places that served roasting ears and Becky wanted to try the one where they were grilling the corn over a fire. I don't think the corn here was as good as the other place with their "corn on the cob" but Becky managed to down it all............the grilled corn also cost more!

The highlight of the day for me was seeing ELVIS!! I saw him twice; but, no one would believe me that I actually saw him......the second time I managed to capture an image of ELVIS on film...........he was moving pretty fast so unfortunately the photo is kinda blurred. ELVIS lives!!!

We arrived at the fair early (before 0800) today (Friday) as the kids were showing their cows earlier than they normally do so we got up early and tried out the biscuits and gravy at one of the local stands. It was pretty good...........I didn't actually have any biscuits but I had them smother my hashbrowns, scrambled eggs and bacon with country gravy. I'd give them about a 6 1/2 for the country gravy.

Will post some pics of the judging and showmanship when I get a chance. Later. W&B



No comments: