Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday Afternoon And We're Freezing..........

our buns off! It's in the 60s and no warm up in sight! Did a few errands this afternoon.....ordered glasses, picked up some prescriptions, visited my old work site in Camas, stopped by Wally World and filled up with gas at Costco...........cheapest gas around at $2.69 a gallon. A doctor appointment tomorrow and see dentist on Monday and then maybe we can play..........if it's not too cold.

Some "nuts" are in the campground and walking around in T-shirts and shorts!

I messed around with the satellite dish this morning and finally relocated it about 4 feet from my original spot. It's up and running now..........I think yesterday it was a Hughes problem and not mine as it has flicked off and on this afternoon and finally settled down to where now it's working OK. I really like the air card though........it does a good job right now; but, that's because we're in a 3G area. Really neat to just plug it in and be on line. Will have to keep playing with it in different areas before the 30 days are up..........don't know if I'll be able to justify the cost for "convenience" though. I just ordered an external antenna for it so I'll be able to hook up my PowerMax Booster when signal is low. Gotta keep Hughes for at least another 10 months to fulfill a contract and then maybe I'll be able to say bye bye to it and keep the air card. Decisions, decisions..........?

Thanks for the note Judy.........I chose Sprint for the air card because it's much cheaper than the other carriers if you run over the 5 gig limit...........5 cents per MB..........AT&T and Verizon much more expensive.

Stopped by Doug & Tami's yesterday evening and checked out the Rhino..........the work Dug and John have put into it really looks good.............we might even have to make a speed run to Sand Lake this weekend to try out the new shocks, clutch, etc. I'm still waiting for contributions for a new carburetor.........right now I'm only $500 from my $500 dollar goal. Loosen up your wallets folks!

All for now..........later W&B

1 comment:

Judy said...

I can relate to the freezing buns; we are freezing here at the Beach, too. We saw some "nuts" this evening out in the surf on boogie boards...Brrrrr