Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday.............

and I'm beginning to feel like I'll live. Woke up this morning and wolfed down breakfast like I had never been ill. John, Char, "B" and I went out in the Rhinos kinda early this morning. On the way back both Rhinos started running ragged and mine finally stopped completely and John limped back to the camp. He needed a new fuel filter and my CDI box went south. We finally got the Rhino's running again. At least we made it to the beach but no Sea Lion today and no crabs. Speaking of crabs, I called two seafood shops and one of them finally got some fresh crabs in today. I ordered 6 of them and boy are they every spendy!!! Picked them up late this afternoon and now we have a quart and a half of crab meat. Don't know what plans Becky has for them. Tami ate hers tonight (I think) and John nibbled on his but I think he's saving most of it for something later. Becky has been looking for crab cake recipes and other crab recipes on the internet so she'll come up with something. The lady at the shop said this is probably the last of dungeness crabs until later in the year. Molting season is starting so no more this summer. No wonder they were spendy. We're sorta getting ready to pack up and leave tomorrow morning, picking up trash etc. All I gotta do tomorrow is load the Rhino, stow away the tv sat. dish and internet dish and we should be ready to roll by 10 o'clock. Only about 5 hours to get home so no hurry. Besides that, it's still HOT in Vancouver. Except for a little rain last night we've been cool and enjoying the weather.

We did manage to grab a couple of geocaches today and I placed my Red Jeep in one so it can continue its journey.

Should be back at Paradise Point late tomorrow afternoon. Will look for some pictures to post when the "official photographer" gives me her chip. Later, Wayne, Becky and the Troops

No comments: