Friday, April 29, 2011

Been A Looong Week...........

starting late Sunday afternoon when I began having "tummy" problems.......like a lot of pain in lower abdomen. Blamed it on B's cooking and tried to go to bed and get some sleep. Didn't work so I had her take me the Hospital early Monday. They ran tests, ran some more and than ran another one. First they said I was full of "poop" (I told them a lot of people would agree), they got this info from xray taken. Then they ran a CAT scan and said I had diverticulitis; but, they need an Sonogram ran also. This last test revealed a stone in the gall bladder. They prescribed antibiotics and sent my butt home. Been an up and down week and today was the first day the antibiotics really kicked in and I'll probably live another day! Saw a local doc on Thursday and she said everything looked "OK" to her and advised me of a diet to follow...........of course, return if you continue to have problems. I had a bout with diverticulities about 25 years ago so don't want to go through that again........maybe I'll follow her advice. As for a gallstone, she said a "lot" of people had them; but, they didn't show up unless tests were ran for something else. She said I was too old to worry about it........unless I wanted the gall bladder out as elective surgery. End of conversation.

Had Old Roy stop by today to fill in the space between the house and one next door. He dumped a couple loads of gravel there, packed it down and now I'll be able to park the M/H in the space he fixed up. Besides stick close to home that was the extent of our week.

Becky's BD on Sunday so we might drive down to Woodland tomorrow for an overnighter and let the Twerps help her celebrate..........depends if I feel like driving the M/H down. We'll have to wait and see in the morning.

Oh yeah, my "Money Pit" Honda was back in the shop to recharge the A/C............didn't happen, dead A/C compressor. A new compressor would cost more than the car did so looks like I'll be using the old "4/70" method of A/C this summer.

That was our week..........sure hope yours was better. W&B

No comments: