Saturday, June 26, 2010

Made It To Saturday..............

but just barely. Got the leak fixed yesterday and Winnebago said send the bill to them, they'd pay "reasonable" charges...........I guess this means I'll have to pay the service charge for the dude to come to us. Oh well, better than nothing.

Yesterday domestic day and we HAD to do laundry so went looking for a new laundromat........Becky had to have a "cleaner" one than the one in Woodland we have used in the past. We found one.........about 15 miles away.........yup, it was cleaner; but, it also housed a Tanning Salon so it was quite cramped............it was so cramped that I was making my way to a washer and a fat lady turned around, gave me a hip check and pounded me into the washer. I thought I broke a rib when I hit the washer and bounced (sorta) off! The dryers didn't seem to get too hot either and we had to feed in more quarters..............BUT it was a bit cleaner. Have one more laundromat to check out on the way to Dug's house so we might try that one next time. If "B" would just turn her skivvies inside out and wear them again we wouldn't have to do the laundry scene quite as often...........or maybe she can go to Good Will and purchase extra skivvies.

After the laundry episode we drove to Jantzen Beach and Becky bought a new Toshiba laptop, new wireless printer and a new mouse. I walked in, and must have been taking to the boss, and asked if they'd give me a mouse pad if we bought a computer. He said, I think we can do that and then called a flunky over to assist us. So, 15 minutes later we made our exit with some new goodies for Becky. Went to Dug's house and she set it up there and got it working. Windows 7 a little different............but she gonna have to figure that out for herself.

The real problem began when we got back to the M/H............absolutely could not connect to the internet using our air card and Cradlepoint router. She could use the air card directly plugged into her computer; but, router would not work. I messed with the stuff until after midnight and finally gave up. Thought it might not be compatible with Windows 7. I even starting to have problems with connecting with my computer. This morning I finally got my computer up and running and downloaded some new firmware for the Cradlepoint. That did the trick (I think).......anyway Becky is now connected to the router and grinning like a possum eating crap out of a wire brush. She should keep busy for awhile.........sorta like telling a blond to separate the w's and m's from a pack of M&Ms.

Got a guy coming to set up the KVH dome satellite dome and upgrade the software today.........a little spendy; but, he said the KVH is a pretty good system and has never had any comeback to him for further work...........so he ses. I guess I'll find out.

Will probably go into Vancouver after he finishes the work.

Later. W&B

No comments: