Thursday, May 28, 2009

Let Me Tell You About Our Quest for New Cell Phone..............

service. Becky's contract had expired a month or so ago and mine was due to end on May 25 so we decided to look into service from another carrier. We figured a family plan would be the way to go and also a little cheaper. Since we were doing that we also decided to get an air card for internet service. Of we go to Chico and at Costco we signed up for a new plan plus an air card from Verizon.........they got the best coverage......that you know if you listen to their tv advertisements. We headed home with our new phones and Becky making phone calls on the way home. Everything fine. I plug in my cell phone to charge the battery and don't try to use it. The next day I try to hook up the air card to the 'puter. Lottsa problems and finally I called the Tech service for Verizon. I had to use my old phone from Sprint as the Verizon phone was working sorta half-assed. Got the air card working but service was so terrible that just about everything would time out before I could get on line. Phones, both of them, kept dropping calls. I drove around until I could use the Verizon phone and ended up near the I5 freeway where I could see a cell tower. Found out that Corning had some Bermuda Triangles where Verizon would not work. We were in the triangle. Solution.........Verizon told me they could sell me a cell phone booster for $200.00. I told them we'd look for another carrier.

Back to Chico, trade in phones and air card, get money back and then we sign up for AT&T. Everything find when we get home, phones working fine; however, we skipped getting a new air card from AT&T. Then, after my contract expired, I tried to switch over my phone number from Sprint as I was told that this would be no problem when contract expired. To make a long story short I found out that I couldn't keep my old phone number since it was a different area code.

Back to Chico..........we turn in my new phone and end result is Becky now has AT&T and I'm staying with Sprint and my old phone number.

Took us three days and over 200 miles of driving to get the cell phone problem taken care of.........at least Becky has a new touch screen phone..........which she has been reading up on for the last few days. It keeps her busy. The first call she received she had problems trying to answer it as she hadn't "checked the directions" yet.

I should have looked into Jitter Bug!!

W

No comments: