Sunday, June 17, 2007

Nice Scenery............

along the Oregon coast. Our geocaching excursion took us North of Brookings along Highway 101 which has a whole bunch if rest stops/way points where one can turn off and catch a view of the Pacific. Most of them are part of the Oregon State Parks system. Had to travel some strange trails and crawl in bushes to make our finds; but, still a lot of fun. I was trained by "$kimmer" a geocacher we met in Yuma. She's from San Diego and her motto is: "Duh, take the money". Well I started skimming money where ever I find it and have accumulated a variety of U.S and foreign coins. Every now and then I get lucky and find dollar bills. I found this one wrapped up in the middle of a log book........it definitely has seen better days. I scoffed it up..........hey with the price of gas the way it is every scruffy old buck helps. Also found 2 dimes and six Finnish pennies today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: