Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wow! Still In A Heat Wave................

.....as we both kicked back and did NOTHING today. Never even started the car to go anyplace. In the morning I hauled my chair over to the neighbor's shady spot (he left for 10 days & not back yet) under his awning and watched the world go by. Sun moved to overhead and no shade anyplace so moved back to the M/H. It started to get HOT so I hung in there until a shady spot returned on the side of our M/H. Breeze blowing so spent most of the afternoon in my lounge chair dozing away. Snoozed, drank Pepsi and don't know what Becky was doing. I finally wandered back to the M/H and she's sitting reading. I checked the thermostat and it was 91 degrees in the coach and Becky is completely unaware of how HOT it was.............she thought it was "just right". Go figure.

Went back to my lounge chair for the rest of the afternoon. Some friends (fellow cachers) stopped by to crack the combination on my latest geocache........I took pity on them and gave them a hand. So far no one has been able to open the lock without help. I even give them the combination............all they have to do is try a couple hundred, or more, combinations to open the lock. Then, when they do, they find another combination lock on the inside. Some people don't even attempt it. I call the cache "Revenge".

Got a couple of high school class mates arriving early Saturday morning for a "mini reunion" over the weekend. Should be fun...........haven't seen one of them since 1957 when we joined the Navy together. This weekend is "Midnight At The Oasis"..........Yuma's answer to Reno's Hot August Nights. There'll be a bunch of activities and many, many old Classic cars in town. Always enjoyable to go check them out again.

That's all folks.........hope the heat wave doesn't hang around for too much longer. W&B

No comments: