Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Rolls Around And Looks...........

like we might have a "warm" day.........maybe even close to "hot". Pulled the M/H out of its parking spot to have the Yak Yak Shack try to figure out why I'm having problems with the CB I had installed in Yuma. Just barely got it out of its hole.........I park it between us and the neighbor and downspouts from both houses allow the water to accumulate between us. Front wheels were nearly buried; but, rear wheels on solid ground so I was able to back it out. Looks like it'll be mid summer before it dries out so had to figure out a new place to park it..........unfortunately the only area is the yard in front of the house. Called a local contractor to see if there was "fix" for the problem...........could fill in the hole with dirt and then pack some gravel over it; but, gotta wait until it's dried out to do that. Next choice.........take out a walnut tree and chop up another one to park the M/H in front. Walnut tree removed and other tree trimmed yesterday so we're now parked in front. Now some SOB will probably complain about the parking place.........or maybe not.

Dude at the Yak Yak Shack couldn't figure out the CB problem...........he installed new heavier duty coax, went to a Wilson Antenna and still had feedback through speakers..........although not as bad and it's liveable. He believes the problem lies in the "cheap" Jensen radio system that Winnebago chose to install. The only suggested cure is a good Pioneer unit............but at about $500 or so I think I'll pass on that one. CB problem mostly cured so guess will leave it alone for now. Still cost me $208!! And he gave me a discount on labor. A trucker pulled in while he was working on the M/H so I told him to go ahead and take care of any other truckers first and work on mine when he had the time. He appreciated that.

Don't know what today will bring...........maybe I'll try to wash the M/H. Becky just asked me what we were doing...........she's trying to figure out a time line and what crops to plant so she'll be around when harvest time arrives..............folks, don't let yourselves get "addicted" to Farmville.........it'll run your life!

Well, looks like it's about bacon and egg time so guess I'll have to go round up my own breakfast, again, since I see her computer screen filled with farm animals, crops, tractors and such.........

W

No comments: