Saturday, March 22, 2008

Got A Few Things...................


to do in the morning before we get underway. This morning I enlisted the help of Frank to take a cache way up on top of a hill. I've named it "110 degrees" and my intention is to have it published in July when temperatures in Yuma break the 110 mark. The local guru, JJ, is aware of it so I'm hoping to get him out into the desert to search during sweltering temperatures. I didn't make it all the way to the top but Frank prevailed so now it just sits waiting for activation. In the third picture you see the Suzuki, top center. The center picture is all that remains of a hiker who apparently lost his way! My right knee is paying the price this afternoon for my feeble attempt to reach the top. It'll be worth it though.
Frank and I stopped at Ligurta (scene of the traffic ticket) to grab a burger and then we went on down the road for another cache. Becky and I found it at night so never got to actually see this old house. Gate was open so we snuck in and browsed around. This was probably a fascinating house in it's time. Vandals have made shambles out of it now but I bet it was a beauty in its day!
Last night we went out to Sue and Frank's for another bar-b-que. We were joined by Jack and Purcilla, and Nate and Nina. I could get used to this idea of bumming food from here and there. Check Becky's Blog for some pics.
Just about have everything ready to roll, just some last minute things in the morning, pay the electric bill, stow away water stuff and the TV satellite dish. I've already taken down the internet dish so am "borrowing" a signal from somewhere nearby. At least Becky won't go into withdrawals for awhile. We'll arrive in Port Heneme on Monday and leave there on Thursday morning. Take two days to get to Woodland for the weekend and should get to Corning on April Fools' Day. Later. B&W

No comments: